1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Why Do You Participate On Bike Forums?

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 20, 2014.

?

What Brought You To A Bike Forum?

Poll closed Nov 20, 2019.
  1. Needed Technical Support?

63.6%
  2. To Meet People To Ride With?

18.2%
  3. You Were Bored?

9.1%
  4. Other

54.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Why I use forums hasn't really changed all that much for me from 5 years ago. I still am looking for information on bikes but not necessarily engines. Example. I use this site mainly to find out about accessories for touring as this site has never steered me wrong, except for one, suggested companies that I have done business with. For in depth serious issues, I go to HTT.

I Am NOT trying to stir up a bee's nest but I have found that I just don't enjoy talking about non "bike" related subjects as much anymore, especially on a forum that is intended for bikes. I do think that a forum needs to have some of that, but too much isn't good either. JMO
  2. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

We're cool,
  3. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Got kicked off HTT and a few others...They did not like my political views and some of my jokes so I looked for a new home and found one...

Thanks everyone...
    badinfluence63 and cowboy like this.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

There is an easy way to get back onto a site other than changing your name which you would also need to do. :)
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

im not really here
    its flht's alter ego
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Iam not a big fan of HHT myself , but they do have some decent info there , But I prefer here on BT
  7. FLHTbiker

OK, I'm flying to Floriday to my home :) for the winter.
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  8. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

I think that we all enjoy a ride be it on 2 or 3 wheels or brand of mfg, we should embrace the fact that a good ride and people that respect others (getting fewer and farther between) and enjoy the freedom of life should all be in our brotherhood. The thought of a Metric area on our site ok to me and should be given respect to there choice. We have had people ask questions on the site about other than H/D bikes and given help, still want my H/D in my p/o though. This is trying to stay more on the origional concept of the start of the thread.
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  9. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

10. badinfluence63

Nice! Jealous
  11. badinfluence63

There is one site and one of the MODS was a female and who rode. Most all the posters acted like they'd eat a pile of her sh*t to get her attention but I felt put off by her attitude so I went out of my way to stay out of her way. I always felt she was put off by that and finally one day she was trying to make a mountain out of a molehill with me and I told her you may ride a bike but your still a chick so STFU and go make me a sandwich. . And boy was she pissed.

I got banned. And she never did make that sandwich.

Give some ego starved minion a little power and whoop there it is!
  12. badinfluence63

I hope that me and all the NY riders can suare next year. I'll meet ya;s in Newbury port at the Motorcyclepedia as discussed. No problem.
  13. FLHTbiker

It's Harley Tech Talk

It was a joke to HRK about staying in his house for the winter. But somehow don't think he would approve. ;)
  14. badinfluence63

In a perfect world I would be independently wealthy and live on my bike 24/7- 365 days a year, reloading my CC's as needed. South in the winter and north in the summer. On the grand scale of life I'm a poor working stiff and everything is in steps and if I'm good and my health holds up I may get to retire and have a few years of independence before I'm to old to wipe my own arse and become a fecal finger painter.
    Roadster guy likes this.
  15. FLHTbiker

Yea need more choices on your poll there JB like talk about your rides, dayum laying here in the bed and got this cat laying across my legs and can't move. Oh yea what was I talking about oh yea why we came here. Came here originally to talk and discuss bikes in general and the type of bike I was riding. This cat has gotta go.

image.jpg
  16. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

I bought a cv performance kit .saw there was a tech forum im a wrench and always looking.for info thought i had something to offer .i stayed made friends the rest is history.
  17. badinfluence63

Really? Everyone likes a little pussy?
  18. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

For this poll I lumped "talking" about your ride in the "other" category. I guess I took for granted that talking about your ride was an automatic thing. Didn't see the need for redundancy.
  19. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I was looking for info on Harley Performance,(the never ending search... lol)so I googled it...brought me to the Harley-Performance website, saw the "In Memory of Indian Larry"pic and the link to Bike Talk Forum so I clicked the link, surfed the site and joined...
    HarleysLR likes this.
  20. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

It's as much for the social interaction as it is for anything else for me. Originally before this site was started a bunch of people were "debating" for lack of a better word, the merits of a Royal Star vs a Road King in the comments section of Motorcycle Online. We used up a lot of Bandwith. Dave from Direct parts was posting a lot of good technical info and as I was trying to sort out my hot rod Dyna at the time I needed all the help I could get. When Dave started this site a bunch of us moved over.[ I'm sure MO appreciated the peace and quiet that followed ;) ] Dave organized a few rides over the years one in Kanab Utah and a couple in Springerville AZ and a bunch of us had a meet in Sturgis one year. I don't think I've ever had a bad ride with the group I've met here.
    As it is now a lot of the old timers have moved on or maybe life gets in the way and you get busy dealing with the good and the bad that it entails, yet when you meet up after a few years, you just pick up where you left off. I see some new friendships forming here and guys getting together for rides, that's cool. I also get to learn a lot about different cultures, we're the same but different. I've learned more about American culture here than in any textbook.
    There is a wealth of technical support here as well, lots of knowledge. Johnny's article on his build was an interesting read and there have been others as well. I wished I had the time to do that but for now I don't. I rarely get the time to read and get caught up. I don't bother much with other forums for the technical support. I'm lucky, I get that help locally, especially for getting parts for the FXR. I had tried some other sites and some of them were a venue for pissing contests than anything else, got no time for that. I like it here so I'll listen read and learn
    Lucifer and FLHTbiker like this.