1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Why do you prefer harley??

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Well, since I'm JB's wife I'll answer that myself! A Harley is just a beautiful bike all in it self!!!! Love the sound and the looks of most of them. My bike no way sounds like the Harley and I'm so jealous, but happy that I'm able to ride so it's all good. Now as far as the hubby, he's hot anyways, but put him on the Harley and WOW!!! The bike isn't what makes the dude hot, maybe for some women but not me!! I like it when he leads when we ride! MMmmmmmmmm!!;);)
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

My OL is like 5ft 3 in maybe

We got her a Nightster
  3. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I'll have to check one out, the sporty is too top heavy right now, maybe I'll try it again next year but for right now I'm happy just riding.:D
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Hot Rider hope you stick around. We have a lot of fun here plus there is a lot of knowledge learned here. We get a little wild at times but mostly were a pretty straight forward bunch.
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

welcome hot rider!!!! cardboard is the weird one of the group.........he is the balance for the rest of the sane group!
  6. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

:rolleyes: There always has to be one of those.
  7. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

CardBoard is the the poster child for the unbalanced!!!:roflmao::roflmao:
  8. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I'm sure I'll stick around. Since this is my first bike experience all the knowledge I can get is good.
  9. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Welcome HotRider!!!!!!!!!!! Be patient and check out all the Harleys then when you're ready, you'll know it. Just pickout the one that fits you and go for it. The last part of that statement was our daughter's favorite words of encouragement.:):):):)
  10. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm sure it will be a feeling like when I found this bike. I just knew that the bike and I would get along really well and so far we have. :D
  11. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Harley does one of the best things for their customers.

You have to have a motorcycle endorsement on yer drivers license.

Go to a HD Dealership and ask how you can sign up to know when the Harley FACTORY truck will be at their dealership.
    The HD factory comes out with a Tractor Trailer with all makes and models of Harleys.
    You will need blue jeans and boots and gloves and sunglasses.

YOu can sign up and test ride any kind of Harley they have on the truck. Sometimes they have different models.
    This will give you a better understanding on which bike you might like.
    And the bike you thought you liked, you might find you like something else better.
    And all this is paid for by Harley Davidson.
    It cost you yer time........
    Took my wife to several of them.
    She rode one bike about 4 times.......
    After we ride bikes over and over we go out and eat somewhere.
  12. Jammer

Jammer New Member

My first bike was a Harley X90 which didn't impress me much at 13. I rode alot of different Japanese bikes and when I saw the overhead cam on my 550 Kow was laid on the aluminum head with NO bearings I was done with rice burners. What sold me on Harley was a guy I worked with was a good mechanic and he'd bring in Harley parts for me to machine and modify for him. I got to see the bearings and construction of the engines and was real impressed. That was the early 90's and I've been sold since.
  13. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I've had my endorsement since July so I'm good there. My Harley dealer is defiantly awesome and has given me the best customer service. What ever I need they seem to get it for me. I think next summer I might start taking some bikes out.
  14. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Best advice is, take your time and test ride all the ones your interested in. Boil it down to a few and study them, learn their facts and ride em again. But most importantly don't let anyone pressure you.