1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wicked Hot Start Kickback

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lucifer, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Lesson 4... Sitting here having a few red necks...I started thinking...I had a hard time pushing that regulator in the housing...so I took the housing out in case I pinched the O ring or didn't fully seat it....O ring looked good,put a drop of oil on it...pushed and "Snap"in it goes...didn't lube it the 1st time...
    After I BBQ a couple burgers and the buds wear off...I'm going to the parts store,get another clamp and try again....Think I got it all now....
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

yep get the right stuff...

best hurry only two more riding weeks before the snow blowers gonna have to come out..
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Now this has been and interesting thread :)
  4. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

lol...Yeah,up here ya never know....
    Well....Got'er... Primes to 58,then bleeds to about 56 after a minute then holds for about 5 mins...after 1/2hr goes to 50...
    Now back to the kick back...lol...After 1 can of Seafoam through the tank and going light on the start button,I've been getting more starts without a kick back...Going to run a couple more cans through... I think it has some carbon build up because my compression numbers are a little higher than they should be for what's in it... Using Big Boyz calculator and 85cc for combustion chamber it should be in the 180-185lb range...I got 190 and 200lbs...