1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wife made

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

She is very fortunate and so are you! 52!! And cooks texmex for ya too!
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

My wifes mama is spanish from Spain. Her dad is a white boy from San Antonio , Texas. She grew up in Albq. That's where the Big Jim chili peppers comes from
    Super lots of Spanish people from Spain in N.M.
    Don't ask me why I don't know.

She has 7 brothers and two sisters.
    They all had chores. She chose to cook.
    And she took cookin in College along with whatever else. She likes to cook.
    She just don't like to wash dishes or clean the house.

I never got into any of what she took .
    But she can cook Mexican, tex mex. and a whole lot more.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

My wife taught school for over 30 years then retired at age at 58. She did a lot of investing during those years and her retirement is really good. Makes over double what my retirement is.
    She was Glad to retire not because of the kids but all the cutbacks they kept doing and adding more work load on her. After retiring she did substituting for a number of years. Now she really enjoys retirement. Works on her quilts every day.:)
  4. cardboard

I would bet that teachin years ago and teachin today is a lot different.
  5. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

How was the deer and chix mix? I alway mix veal and hamburg and its pretty good.
  6. Fatboy128

Yes teaching was a lot different years ago
  7. cardboard

AS you know Bguillory came over about a few weeks ago. He make smoked Deer sausage.
    I saved it to eat with the OL.
    She fixed it last nite with Chicken strips and all and put it on a tortilla
    It as super good. Wished I had more of it, it was so good.
    My wife really was glad I waited to eat it.
  8. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

You shared...it must be love.
  9. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Teaching sucks if you teach in public school. I teach in a little country private school and it ain't so bad. Sure, the money's short, and there's no benefits, but the people I work with are solid. Kids aren't too bad either, at least most of the time.:rolleyes:
    They recite the Pledge of Allegiance and have a Bible verse recited to them every morning over the intercom. No public school would do that now-a-days.
  10. Fatboy128

Wow! Good deal.:)
  11. FLHTbiker

That's all fine but no benefits? Yea gotta take care of yourself to.
  12. cardboard

For what my wife made at a Public or private school.
    She could make a lot more and have benefits with her degrees from College.

Don't want her nerves worn down workin with kids all day and come home to me and me git on her nerves.
  13. Fatboy128

You got that right CB. All thru wifes college days, I was encouraging her to go into the business field rather than teach. She had her heart set on teaching all her life. Once our kids got older she went back to college for it. A'c every course (thats what Suma Cum Laude means). Teaching was her calling. Well the government f'd that up. Now she is just putting her time in but still sheds a lot of tears. There are 2 elementary schools in her district, 6 first grade classrooms. The parents fight with the administration to get their angels into my wifes 1st grade classroom.
  14. cardboard

Tooooooooooo Much Liability being a school teacher.
    And the system wants to blame the teachers on kids that are slow learners.
    And everybody is lookin for a escape goat to blame for their kids problems.

No matter what you learned in College or hat you know. The system wants to constantly check you or find a way to git rid of you for another new teacher.
    The new teachers must not make as much as the ones that has been there for a while.
    My wife has a degree in Business and a degree in marketing.
    And she works in Finance and collections
  15. FLHTbiker

Well My wife to was born to be a teacher. It takes the right mental attitude to be one. She loved it but after 30+ years she was ready. Not because of the kids but the parents and the politics. She was fortunate to retire in a wealthy school district and the benefits are great.:)
  16. Fatboy128

Your wife got out as its getting worse and worse. It is a calling that's fer sure. My wife also in a wealthy district. I don't think she will go another 1t years to make 30. I want her out at 20.
  17. FLHTbiker

She didn't leave because it was getting worse but rather she had a bit over 30 years in and they had early retirement incentives. :D. She actually enjoyed teaching.
  18. Fatboy128

The liberal run NYS Education Dept is torturing teachers. Each student has a number. That number gets attached to teachers that they get over the years. The students progrss is tracked by the state and reflects on the teachers. Teachers are then evaluated on the students progress for the students WHOLE school career. So, being a first grade teacher and having students that have not yet been diagnosed with all kinds of problems (ADHD and Autism just to name two) these children will have a negative impact on the teacher. Further, if the second grade or for that matter any teacher through 12th grade, does a bad job and a child does poorly, guess what, ALL that child teachers from before the bad teacher is now suspect of being a bad teacher. Thats what happens when the government gets involved in areas that they have no expertise in. Or, someones brotherinlaw or sisterinlaw gets a political job to overlook teachers.
    On top of this are the ridiculus state testing that teachers have to give the kids. These tests show poor students as good and great students as bad. (Could it be due to the fact that some poorly educated minority was given an equal opportunity state job to write the tests and evaluate them?!?!?) JUst like some NYC Cops are less than 5 foot tall, fat and just so happen to be female and of color. Due to the tests for them leave out the physical requirements that men HAVE TO PERFORM.
    My wife loves to teach. She loves the children. She just wishes they would let her teach.
  19. FLHTbiker

Man you guys simply need to get out of there. Wonder if her teaching certificate would be good in AZ. School systems here don't operate like that.
  20. Fatboy128

Guess what? in many areas of AZ you only need an associates degree to be a teacher. The public schools in most areas are aweful. My grandkids go to Christian charter schools. Teachers pay starts about 22k. adn after 6 years maybe 32k. Our problem is wife has been paying into her retirement (pension) for 15 years. She has to wait until 20 to get the minimum pension and benefits. She won't leave that money behind so we have 5 years before moving. So until then I bitch to anyone who will listen so that the liberals might get less votes and we can turn our country around.