1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

will it fit?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by custom1, Mar 24, 2005.

1. custom1

custom1 New Member

I have a 150/80/16 tire rim combo off of a 2000 softtail will it fit on a 92 sportster and what modifications if any would i run into it looks to me like it would fit but have heard both ways ?
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Just guessing at it for you but I would think...

You have to make sure you have the correct diameter wheel (internally) for the axle, Then pull the stock wheel out and insert the new one, see how it lines up and what length spacers would be needed.

You can do some measuring in advance if you know the distance across the swing arm, and the measurements of the stock setup ie hub distance, spacer length, etc then do the same with the new wheel, the only difference would be the hub, if the hub is the same setup as the stock hub it might work.

Just going to have to fit it up to see JMO. Someone here probably knows better though.