1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wind shield angle??? Height??

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by RegnisnuM, Mar 23, 2012.

1. RegnisnuM

RegnisnuM New Member

Ok, So I bought a windshield and put it on, after some adjustments I can feel the pressure off of my chest at higher speeds but at about 60-65 MPH I feel like my head is shaking like crazy. Right now I have it so that there is a little gap between the headlight and the screen, the top of the screen is about eye level (I'm a little over 6'3") and it is at the same angle as the front fork. I don't know what is going on but I think it might be the wind going over the wind screen and straight to my helmet(full face). Any ideas on how to adjust it? I'm thinking about moving it up more, but I feel like it will be in my line of sight and cause a problem, or lowering it so that the wind comes to my upper chest as opposed to my head? Less of an angle to deflect more wind(but I'm thinking this might cause too much turbulence at high speeds)?

I don't know, but its not working how it is now and I can't figure it out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

looking at the angle you have there the air is going up over top of your windscreen and the turbulence spills back and hits you on the top of the head. you can angle the screen so that the top is a little closer to your helmet. The closer the screen is to you, there is less space for the turbulence between the top lip of the screen and the top or front of your helmet. It's kind of a trial and error thing, bring your tools with you and ride the bike..make a change..see what that's like and sooner or later you will find a setting that you like.
  3. RegnisnuM

RegnisnuM New Member

I was wondering if that would happen or if it would just direct the turbulence straight at my face. The problem is, there are 4 different settings for the height and the angle and the location of the wind shield can be adjusted so there's sooo many combinations and playing around to do. I guess i'll be taking a few hours tomorrow to test every possible set up and adjustment. haha.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

on those smaller shields like that try to get it to tilt back a bit , like sleepy siad to closer to you ,at top is better , clean looking ride
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Like they said PLUS, you are going to get up-draft from under the shield. No two ways about it. See my shield, it is bigger than yours and it does a good job of around the sides and over the top BUT I get buffetting from under. If my helmet is loose or glasses are loose I get the shakes.