1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Windshield for 06' Fboy?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by kamakazi, Jan 31, 2006.

1. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

I'm looking to getting a detachable windshield for my new Fboy. Which types would you guys recommend that have them on? I don't want an overly HUGH windshield, something that gets the job done and still looks nice on the bike. Also, I plan in the future to install an auxiliary light kit but would like the windshield first and need it to fit once I upgrade to the aux. light kit...
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

A friend runs a Memphis Shades Windshield on his fatboy, it looks good and it's not a hugh windshield.

Direct Parts probably sells them. That is the manuf link.

HD has different sizes and you could use the mounting kit for a heritage for your fatboy.
  3. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

thanks roadking! I'll check them out.
  4. CD

CD Guest

If you are thinking H-D spots then make very sure you order the right mounting kit for Memphis Shades. There is one for H-D spots and one for without. If you plan on adding spots make sure they are the same style as H-D spots.

https://www.directparts.com/cgi-bin/dp.store/EN/catalog/1119

Ops, let's try that again.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2006
  5. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

CD, are you talking about the QD's? or the aux lights? I don't have aux lights now but would probably end up installing at a later date. What would you recommend; install the aux lights first then go with the QD type shields or vise versa?