1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Windshield issues

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by datbone, May 15, 2009.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

glad your still riding...........the deals are definitely out there..........have fun and stay safe!!!
  2. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

I just traded in my 08 streetglide for a Electraglide. I loved the streeglige and had no issues.....wife needed more comfort so I got a EG.
    Dam I smell burned rice and potatoes :)
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

At least ya can get her on it. I got mine thinkin she would start ridin again but she only got on it once and will not go again. Maybe when I get my 3-wheeler she'll try again. But that's 20 years down the road.LOL
  4. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

lol....Actually she wanted the E.Glide more than myself...she wanted the comfort since the S.Glide had the smaller rear seat and back rest. She likes riding as much as me...she will ask to go for a ride or trip often before I think about it.
    Was supposed to pick up the E/Glide today after all the acc. was installed,but they are keeping it until next week due to gas tank recall on the 09,10 E. glides. Second bike that I have bought new with a recall...this one before I even got to ride it!!
  5. chucktx

dont forget to post your pics!!!!!!
  6. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

would you have that recall number, so i can pass it on to guys that bought 09 /10's.
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists on certain model year 2009 and 2010 Touring family vehicles (including CVO touring and Trike products) built June 6, 2008 through November 19, 2009. On these vehicles, the fuel tank front mounts may distort in reaction to severe frame damage from a frontal collision. This condition may cause a fuel leak at the weld of the front bracket to the tunnel. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire, which could lead to injury or death of the rider.

We have voluntarily declared this a defect related to motor vehicle safety (Campaign 0141) to allow us to formally recall all affected motorcycles. The remedy is to install a left and right hand brace provided in the recall kit, between the front mounts and the frame. These braces are intended to reduce front mount distortion during the crash conditions described above. A service bulletin outlining the repair and credit procedure will follow within ten days. Based on the schedule our supplier has provided we expect to begin shipping repair kits on or before the week of December 14, 2009. Please reference the Service Bulletin for a detailed description of the defect.
  8. chucktx

thanks hrk.........
  9. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Thanks HRK, I'll pass it along.
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Thanks HRK, sense mine is a 09 I'll look into it and will pass it on.
  11. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Sorry...I had no details when I made the comment in my post other than dealer told me it was fuel tank on 09 and 10's but glad HRK knew the details. I googled Harley recalls and the exact same as HRK posted was posted by HD.
  12. hotroadking

Mines part of the recall
    Parts are not in the dealers hands yet
    said they will call and arrange time to get
    bike fixed...
  13. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Did you have to contact the dealer or did Harley send you a notice?
  14. hotroadking

I'm sure I'll get a notice but
    knowing the campaign was out there
    I called the dealer to confirm my
    vin was in the group.

Ya gotta remember we get this on the net faster
    than the manuf can get the mailer out..