1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Winter Engine Mods.

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by DODGEB8210, Dec 12, 2005.

1. DODGEB8210

DODGEB8210 New Member

I Have A 1995 Fatboy With 43,000 Miles On It. Modifications Include An Andrews Ev-3 Cam, Shaved Heads, Mikuni Hsr 42, Crane Adjustable Ignition, Single Fire Coil, And Vance And Hines Short Shots. I Had A Leak Down Test Done On It And The Tech. Said I Had A Valve Leaking Off. What Should I Do For A Rebuid? Should I Buy New Se Heads? Or Have The Stock Ones Ported And Polished With Larger Valves? What About Pistons? Do I Have To Run The Stock Ones Since The Heads Have Been Shaved? I'm Looking For Power, But I Also Need Reliability. Any Suggestions Would Be Appreciated. Also, If I'm Going To Have My Heads Re-worked, What Valves Do You Recomend? Thanks Guys.