1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Winter tasks

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Roadster guy, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

It ends when the wives plant us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Ya could go back to work and relax!

Ya know why married men die before their wives?

They want to...... :D
  3. Fatboy128

Yep it's true. I'm now relaxing part time doing a/c, refrigeration, electric as a helper. Did it a couple years ago until business slowed. It seems to be picking up again.

4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Funny, have a friend down in AZ and she is a real go getter he is more laid back. She just had him tear up the entire living room floor and tear off the sheet rock around the gas fireplace and replace it. Poor guy worked his tail off and yesterday his wife and mine were on the phone talking. I guess he was so tired that he was still in bed at 10:30AM. I had to laugh but he was back to work later on as his wife posted pictures of the progress on Facebook. I think some of these women carry a whip around with them. :mad:
  5. Fatboy128

Mine has me painting , kitchen done, den is next then entrance hallway, stairway and upstairs hall. thankfully I can go to work part time. I'm sure she's gonna want more painted

6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea, they say sense your not doing anything today could we do this. I love the word we. :rolleyes:
  7. Fatboy128

When my wife says "we" I ask "do you have a mouse in yer pocket?"

8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Once my wife said we to get a house job done so I ask if she was French ,My DA self forgot she's French Canadian duh , so now I just ask why how & when
  9. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

LOL:hilarious:
  10. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Another fine day today, and after work had some free time. Rounded up the daughter and my new parts, and she helped me put in the new intake seals and realign the intake. Thanks to Baggerpaul for the vaseline tip to make it all go together easier. I installed the carb and air filter baseplate to ensure proper alignment, snugged up, removed the carb and baseplate and gave it a final "torque".
    While I had the carb off, I took the time to run a tap through the mixture screw hole as the Ez Just screw has never been able to thread in and I've been just using the stock screw. All good now. Thread pitch is m6x0.75, if anyone cares. Tap was about $20 bucks. Seems fine now, only 3 more months until I can start it!
  11. cowboy

That's cool you got your Daughter to help you out , One of mine use to help but grew up & has kids of her own
  12. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Yup, we are blessed with a lot of knowledgable tech guys on Bike Talk. Three more months till you ride - I think I'd go stir crazy.
  13. Roadster guy

Finally! Progress at the bodyshop!. They dropped off the Cowboy supplied gastank the other day to me, all in primer. Dropped off at the rad shop for a steam clean and a liner. The next day they called, it was done already. Picked it up, then back to the bodyshop for paint. Assuming no more storm accidents, likely painted in next week or so.
    In the down time, I turned to another project. The faithful utility trailer needed a refresh, so using the welder I picked up in the fall and some new steel, fabbed up a new set of side rails, tiedowns, taillamp brackets, and heavier duty tongue with jack and spare carrier. Amazing how you lose technique over time. Luckily it is slow at work so I can catch up on this stuff.
  14. cowboy

Sounds like your back on track & catching up all together , & that's a good think with all the bad weather ya'll have up there
  15. Roadster guy

Picked up parts from bodyshop a few hours before leaving for Florida, spent my vacation with visions of assembly and no way to do it. Almost told the wife to go herself as I was so anxious to put it back together. Bodyshop costs at under $650, so still on track budgetwise.
    While in Fla. I bought a H-D textile jacket for warmer weather. Now I just need warmer weather. Here are some after pics if I did this right. Keep in mind the H-D bar and shield chrome/black logos are yet to go on, as is the seat and air cleaner. Forward controls and Daymaker headlamp still a few months away. Right now I'm still liking the old green, but the new look is growing on me. Before pics posted earler in the thread.

Attached Files:

16. Fatboy128

I Iike the paint. Can you get a close up of the tank please is like to make out the mural.

Ps. Maybe it's not a Mural but a reflection in that beautiful paint!?!?!
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  17. Roadster guy

WTF? HAHAHA! Clicked on the pic of the gas tank, and it does look a bit like a mural on the side, but no, it is the just the snow/land reflection on the paint. I'm not a big mural guy, I prefer mild stock look.
  18. Fatboy128

Well that's testimony to the quality of shine ya got!

19. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Looks good. It looks like the old 1981 XLS paint job minus the dcals. Looks like it might have a slight shade of brown. Is there such as color as brownish silver?
  20. Roadster guy

Color is titanium flash mica. Looks brownish in the sun, gray under dark skies. Not chameleon paint or any of that crap, just a new blend. Saw it on a new Mazda car, found out what it was, asked the paint shop to get it. Not the black I was going to go, but I think assembled it should easily look as good as a new one. Once weather gets better and it is all assembled I'll have some proper background shots done. Still a few months before ridin starts here.