1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wiring Problem ???

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by FLHTbiker, Aug 21, 2010.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

yep lost the 12 year old hound dog in April it was tough

Now we have another, potty training and all...
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea, we just lost one a month back sure wished they could live longer.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

no it isnt....................
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

After searching for the problem we took the bike into the dealer. They have it fixed. It took them all day and yesterday to figure it out. It was a pinched wire in a loom that could not be seen. The problem was that it was not shorting out. Apparently the TSSM module acts like a protection device that keeps the module from shorting out. It also doesn't allow the fuse to blow. It has to do with what side the pinched wire is on from the system. They disconnected the TSSM module and connected a breaker box and bingo the fuse would pop. TSSM is fine then we know its someplace in a wire. It was in the wire that goes from the TSSM to the front turn signal. With the TSSM module connected it would not short out but instead the TSSM module sensed a problem and basically shut down the whole system for the left turn. A section of the wire where the pinched wire was going to ground was then replaced and the system is now working.
    Now for the big surprise, the wife went up to the window to see Teresa and pay for the bill and they did not charge us. I didn't know that until I got back home because as I was talking with the head mechanic Mike Stegmann the wife went around the side and picked up her bike and went to do some shopping.
    So I own them a great big thank you and need to do something for the mechanic that worked on the bike.
    Latus Motors HD is truly a great dealership. :):):)
  5. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

that is really good to hear, so many dealerships get a bad rap cause they have one half assed mechanic in there pool.