1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wobble extensions

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, Feb 15, 2014.

1. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

everyone's budget is different and the difference from allday user to a person fixing there own stuff is huge. snapon wrenches can be to thin and hard on the hand. looking to not p/o your chrome or an fittings DON'T use flank drive. gear wrench has come a long way lately. ask anyone about there tools, how often do you use it helps to justify the price. the advantage of the big name stuff is the truck pulls up every week whatever the brand is. CB this whole thread started out with a wobble extension, were you not concerned with puting a wobble extension in your harley??? lol
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Snap on feeds usa families
    Halbaor Flreet keeps XuanDoo in Noodles...
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

CB I wast the guy in that truck that pulled up to the shops in my MAC Tools truck. I did it for a number of years then sold out and made a bunch of money. The reason they buy is 1. Quality 2. Convenience
    The mechanics cant afford to strip or round out bolts and nuts as that's time as they then have to replace them. They also work with speed as that's how most get paid. A good mechanic needs to get the job done in time to move to the next one. You want all the bolts on your Harley rounded off so you can't get your Chinese wrench on them. Boy would you be upset and cheap tools will eventually do that.
    Craftsmen wrenches were strong but they were built like a club. They were bulky to make up for the less inferior steel.
    The MAC wrench did not have the point or sharp edge on top but have a nice smooth flat top to them so when pulling on it hard it would not hurt the hand.

As for the wobble extension they work very well when tightening down the header pipe nuts. Also, watch for Chrome peeling that stuff will cut you good.
    My 1/4 socket sets I use are still my craftsmen set I bought back in the 70's and still never broke one yet. Still have em in there little gray plastic box. Using the same 1/4 craftsmen ratchet to. I put a little grease in the ratchet head works for years now.