1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Won't be riding for awhile

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Oct 6, 2007.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I've gotten the use of my right arm mostly back still can't reach behind my back yet or even wash my face with my right hand.

I've done a couple of jobs but not really pushing anything they were really simple easy ones. Being self employed is tuff, the bills keep coming in.

Going into the Dr's again this Friday and see what they say. Hey, I was able to ride the bike down to the HD shop on Saturday. Was only a 5 mile ride and left it there to have them do some work to it.

Thanks for the advice and I'll watch those beans. :D
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm kind of in this boat too. I messed up my elbow when I was pushing my bike after it broke down a month or so ago. It feels like tennis elbow. We had some rotten weather and I didn't ride much for a couple of weeks. It started feeling better. Two Saturdays ago we had an 80 degree day during the peak of leaf-peeping season. Needless to say, I was roaming the mountains on my bike. I've barely been able to use my arm since. Squeezing the clutch is extremely painful. Thing is, I'm not going to stop riding with the season almost over. I guess I'll just whine about it for now and let it heal when the snow flies.

I'm glad to hear yours is feeling better. I hope you can avoid surgery.
  3. FLHTbiker

The pain when pulling in the clutch does hurt. Had that condition once and thought it would never heal. Best thing with that is let it heal up before next riding season otherwise it will get worse. My shoulder really bothers me first thing in the morning until I loosen it up a bit. Doctor did tell me that keeping an injury immobile will cause it to freeze up so be careful with it. There are special braces that you can wear that helps also. Good luck with it. Do you do any winter sports in your area like snow skiing. I know here there is a lot of both down hill skiing and cross country.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

abby, try one of those ace bandages,,,,the slip on type for elbows. it helped me in the past. not to expensive either....used it while riding.
  5. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Gettin any better yet, bro?
  6. FLHTbiker

Just got back from the DR and she said to keep up with the ice packs and heat. Getting movement back but still somethings I can't do yet like reach behind my back or reach over and scratch my left should. Sucks having to run for a wall corner to scratch and itch yea can't reach. :cussing: