1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

WTH is this?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Rich Bailey, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Rich Bailey

Rich Bailey Member

image.jpg Hi, new member here. I recently acquired a CV 40 carb I plan on rebuilding and possibly putting on my 85 FXRS. I am a rookie at this but I thought I'd give it a try. I dismantled the carb and put in carb cleaner. When I took the parts out I found a piece I don't recall removing. Can anyone identify this thing and tell me where it goes?? I only have the exploded picture in my service manual and I can't figure out what it is. I have a rebuild kit, tuning kit and nozzle coming from CV Performance. I figure there,s no better place to find out about CV carbs than here. I will try and put pictures. Thanks in advance!
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Rich welcome to Bike talk , I've seen the part but can't remember the name ,& my Books are out in the shop ,But you'll really enjoy the CV carb on your EVO
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

It's the needle jet.. here's 2 pics of it installed correct and incorrect....Goes on your emulsion tube...

needle_jet_correct_zps9b74d61b.jpg needle_jet_incorrect.jpg
  4. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

5. Rich Bailey

Rich Bailey Member

Thanks!!!! got it!!!!!