1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

WVAK47's Sporty Project

Discussion in 'Projects' started by wvak47, Jan 7, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Well congrets on the new little one :cool:
    I did'nt know you where changing out to the older style T signels , pic's are now a must
  2. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Thanks for the congrats. Things are going well although a bit scarey still.

The turnsignals will probably be a how-to once I get it to a sure fix. It is a bit of a challenge but we will see what happens. They are killer cool, so I got to have them.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

congrats on the son!!!!!!!!!!!! pics with the proud parents are a must now!!!!!!!!:) :D :D
  4. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Sorry to say there are no pics with the proud parents at this point. He is 5.5weeks early and has more hoses in him at this point than my Sporty has.
    I don't like that at all but it is what he needs to get home so I will live with it.

However I do have a pic of my boy and I will share that now.

Logan Isaac Ray born 10-14-08 @ 05:06am, 18" Long 5lbs 1oz.
    [​IMG]

Best turn out of any project I have ever under taken.
  5. chucktx

cute little tyke!!!!!!!!! gobs of hair!! again, congrats to ya!!!!
    thanks for the pic...............:)
  6. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Thanks Chuck. He has to have hair to keep his head warm on the Harley :D . Momma ain't real happy when I say such things :rolleyes: I don't understand :D . It will be a while but soon (probably too soon).
  7. cowboy

He'll need all them hose's more then your sporty will to keep going they do get easyer to live with on your end as a little time goes by ,
    Yep he's a cute little rider :cool:
  8. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

She is about 95% complete now. Just a couple of shots from this morning before I left for work. With Logan here now it might be a bit longer than planned getting done LOL.

Attached Files:

9. chucktx

i like the look.....sits good!!!!!!!:)
  10. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

WOW! Congrats WVAK, I didn't know you were expecting! Great looking boy for being a premie, you should be proud! Hey, the bike don't look bad either :D
  11. cowboy

Bike look's good , & don't worry when he's sleeping you can work on you bike , just get that baby monator thats what my son did so we/he could here his daughter when she woke up then a quick hand wash & she was in his arms :D
  12. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Thanks guys, I am all worked up on both fronts now. The little one is doing MUCH better. He now has less wires and hoses than the Sporty and eating like a trooper. His weight loss days should be over now. He dropped down to 4lbs 11ozs and has gained back up to 4.13. Normal for newborns to shed a few pounds before they rebound. Looks like he is going to be as tough as a pine knot. I can't wait to get him home. Good part is by the time he gets home most of the riding weather is gone here anyway. Last year that kinda hurt this year I could give a rat's rear LOL. I got my boy to play with.

I made a terrible mistake though. Ever since I was a kid if I breathed in too much of the early fall cool air I would junk my sinuses. Well yesterday all excited about working on the Sporty I sucked in too much cold air and have a flippin' sinus infection already. :witsend: STupid me, I know better. Now I won't chance taking that in to my boy so I won't get to see him today :( . Plan is to go test and get my learners again for the bike and take my rear home and finish the Sporty today. Two good shots of warm bourbon and wrap up snug in a poncho to sweat this crap out of me so I can go tomorrow.

I have pics of Sporty now with the turn signals on (not wired yet just mocked up) I will post them in a bit.

Again thanks to everyone for the comments and congrats on my boy. I NEVER wanted children (world is too F'd up) but now that he is here I would give up everything I own for him, and stand toe to toe with Satan for that little dude.
  13. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Here is either side now. Again I was in too big of a hurry and blurred the pic of the back. Dang it. I will get more when I get it wired up. That derby cover still needs cleaned off but for the most part paint is done.

Attached Files:

14. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

congrats on the little tykester bike looking great too. (life as you know it has just changed)
  15. chucktx

truer words have not been spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  16. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Finally on and working. Turnsignals were a real pain but I finally beat them.

Attached Files:

17. chucktx

the time spent on them was worth it................looks good!!!!:)
  18. cowboy

yep time well spent look's good & the more light's the better the target :rolleyes: