1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

xl1200r brake lines

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by lavared sporty, Dec 26, 2005.

1. lavared sporty

lavared sporty New Member

I need to get 6" longer brake lines for my 04, 1200 R. Its got duel brakes in front and for reasons only known to harley ,the master banjo bolt is 14mm. I've tried after market and through the dealer but nobody has been able to come up with a solution. Switching the master at the handle bars leads into switching the controls and a expense I don't want. Any ideas?
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Go to any reliable shop (Independent or custom) in your area, you can get 4, 6, 8 inch over brake lines, check here with CD.

Same for throttle cables if you have the model, carb year etc Barnett will custom make cables for your bike.

Buddy has a 00 Yamahammer Silverado with a Mik carb, we could not use stock cables ordered them locally, look great and fit perfect.
  3. Mecchanica

Mecchanica New Member

Make them yourself. Go to Earl's Performance, div of Holley. You can get the -3 braided hose and cheapo plated ends, anodized ends, or stainless ends....polish the stainless and you have a permanent installation which will outlast you and your motorcycle. Easy to make and install.
    Measure the thickness of the banjo, there are inch and metric standards. Getting the correct bend is also important.