1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ya got to love texas weather

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

i just love this winter weather,
    mid december, and rode in a t shirt, yesterday.....
    all though we have has some very thick fog....
    dove hunting.....bike ride.....dove hunting......bike ride.......tough decision....
    cowboy????? big J???? you got places we can go hunt........i have the best bird dog you guys will ever see................

TRG
  2. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

:banghead: 70 degrees, light overcast skies, dry as a bone roads, and..............................................................

My Sporty is in pieces :gah: I started my project just a bit too soon :( . But it is starting to look pretty sharp. When I do get to ride her again she will be sweet :D

My buddies were kind enough to thank me for the good weather though since they got to go riding yesterday evening. Got to love friends, wish I had some LOL.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

:worthless: :D :D

sounds good!!
  4. hunter2050

hunter2050 New Member

how are you doing everybody:D :D
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Still have the AC on in the house gots love it :D , But it's souposed to cool down some tonight cold front comming in should drop us into the mid 50's :D
  6. Goose

Goose New Member

Finally, the front blew in here. I'm going to go sit in the deer stand in the morning. I'm already cold thinkin' about it. :D Just in time, though. Ol' buddy from Waco is coming down to deer/goose hunt. We have a goose hunt booked monday with a local outfitter/land owner. Got the 12 gauge lubed up and ready and the 5mm neoprene waders should I need 'em. :D
  7. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Dang Cowboy you better watch for ice on those roads with temps like that :witsend: . Weather may not be as easy going for us here but I will keep my WV Mountains over that SW Summer Heat.
  8. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

We are at 45 degrees here this morning..... and tomorrow I get to go try bagging a deer.... was really not looking forward to deer hunting when it is 70+!!! Hope this cool front sticks around a couple more days! Got the 7MM Rem Mag sighted in, cleaned, oiled, and now just waiting for Bambi to volenteer for freezer duty!
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

doing good!!!!
  10. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Now you know what I went through last year......right after I ripped my bike apart we had BEAUTIFUL weather, all I could think of what an a**hole I was for not waiting...BUT, my ride looks awesome and I'm glad I did it....Stick to it, it'll be worth it in the long run.....:D
  11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Well turned off the Ac for now ,Have to house opened up to let in the cool weather new's said it should get even colder then that thought now saying all the way down to 47 tonight
  12. charlieharley0057

charlieharley0057 New Member

Riding Weather whats that then

Gave up yesterday as it droped too -5C. Sure wish I was where the sun shines.:cool:
  13. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Yep ! I had to git up and turn the heat on this mornin too. Its only going to 61 today, suppost to be a little warmer friday, but colder saturday. We got Rain. Man Please! And I was wanting to ride this weekend. Guess I might try again to put some fuel stabilizer in my boat and crank it.
    I still might sneak in a ride friday oh !
  14. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

woke up this morning checked the pellet stove put on the long handles broke the ice in the tank and thawed out the water line to water, put chains on the dodge to break down some drifts, watched the weather, put on the carharts, fed, removed the chains had lunch, checked to see if the roads were open yet, feelin like i should head south sometimes ya know.
  15. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

I just tried to leave work...35 minute for a 1/4 mile. Snowing pretty hard. People just don't know how to drive in the snow. :banghead:
  16. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Putz, I don't know about your area but around here if the weather changes by 20% in any direction, these idiots forget how to drive. Even if it goes from rainy to dry and sunny in the middle of summer around here the # of wrecks goes through the roof. I simply think it is because the human race is stupid overall but then my sig line sums that up. LOL.

Back to cold and wet here. Glad the bike is coming along in it's makeover LOL. And Yes Chuck I am working on getting pics, I promise.
  17. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

Hey TRG what kinda dogs you got?? I have a GSP and an EP in training right now. Quail season has been bad no spring rain means no fall birds.

I've been LOving some of this wet cold weather to getting in here to improve scenting conditions.
  18. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

our cool weather put the deer on the move....looks like rut may be here. Took a real nice 8 point...neck was starting to bloat....and hanging close to a doe. May be nice enuf to warrent a head mount!!

Here is a pic!

Attached Files:

19. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

It's the same here!! They have been saying on the news that it was taking a lot of people 6-8 hours to do 20-40 miles. I gave up after sitting in traffic for 35 minute for a 1/4 mile and went back to work. Drove home no problem at 9:30. There were abandon cars in the roads that ran out of gas. It's pathetic that 12" of snow can cripple a state. It's not like it doesn't snow around here. Just pathetic!!
  20. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Nice Harvest AF. One of the better looking takes I have seen this year, Congrats. :D

Putz, if we got 12" of snow here they would shut the state down. Between idiots that can't drive and our glorious State funded sham..... crap I mean- government agencies we would be crippled until the sun melted it and the flooding washed way the rest of the fools building in 100year floodplanes.