1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ya got to love texas weather

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Dec 8, 2007.

1. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

Very Cool AFN, I get tag soup again this year........ oh scratch that I still have Buffalo in the freezer. OH yeah I harvest radishes, I kill meat.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is great chris.....nice looking mount you are going to have!!
    i hope the family likes venison.....if not i know where you can get rid of some of it!!!! lol
  3. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Not as cool as AF's deer but here are the pics I promised.

This is how I found it when I went back up to the garage.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I went after more parts to polish and paint and this is how I left her.
    [​IMG]
  4. chucktx

is this a build you are doing???
  5. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

This is that troublesome (trouble what trouble LOL) Sporty I bought in Aug when I joined the board. This is my winter project of tear it down go through EVERYTHING, and repaint. This is also the one I will be modifying the rear fender for. Haven't started that part of it yet.
  6. chucktx

very nice and cool!!!! you should start a seprate thread on it, that way it wont get lost or hijacked to bad!!!!:)
  7. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Looks like you are going to be busy for awhile. I assume the frame was powder coated. Are you going to paint the tin yourself? AL
  8. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Frame appears to be powdercoated (whatever factory does) but it has some wear spots and if my jeep sells it is on like Donkey Kong for this bad girl. She is going to get a heart transplant with a 1200 kit, which means the motor comes off too and at that point all bets are off and the frame will get stripped and painted as well. That leaves me with a question too. How best to preserve the VIN# and factory stampings if I go that route?

I am still up in the air on if "I" will do the paint or not. Don't much have a good location to do it, but that has never stopped me before. I just don't know yet, but I do know that sissy silver is GONE.
  9. chucktx

the best way to preserve the #'s is with masking tape....the thick 3m stuff...i am assuming you are talking about the stickers......and tell the blaster to stay away from it!! :)
  10. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

If you decide to powder coat the frame, Eastwood Co sells a special metal masking tape which will take the temp of the powder coat oven. Unless you are going to do something really custom, powder coating is the way to go, the closest thing to bullet proof. You would be surprised at the colors available but you can get an idea at the Eastwood website. Al
  11. chucktx

a side note here, i just saw where harbor freight is on the powder coat bandwagon also.....might be the ticket for the casual coater....of smaller parts:)
  12. hunter2050

hunter2050 New Member

something about the H-D no matter if it is in pies or standing in your drive-way it look good;) ;) :D hay by the way it's time to ride
  13. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

As much as I would love to go with ya I just don't think my girl is up to it :roflmao: She has fallen to pieces over something :D