1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

yaffe ceramic pipes

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Bernie Blouin, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Bernie Blouin

Bernie Blouin New Member

Hi has anyone heard of any biker having problems with yaffe ceramic pipes?
    I installed a set of "X" pipes "road ledgends" on my 2005 FLSTSC and after
    3 months of rideing they are rusting out all over. The yaffe people said they
    might have contacted some moister. ( can you beleive this s--t) J&P Cycle need to see pictures but are
    not sure they can help me because its been more than 120days since purchase.I just can't beleive what this world is comming to.So called biker people screwing over REAL BIKERS.Does this mean that bikers can't ride in the rain anymore in fear there 650 dollar exhaust system is going to rust.

thanks for letting blow some steam !!!!
  2. CD

CD Guest

Did you use a credit card? You can most likely get it back for selling a defective product.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I can't believe Yaffe wouldnt warrantee that

I'd send them pictures and a letter of the pipes, unless the chrome or finish was scratched up I can't see how it would rust like that, maybe bad chrome, write a letter to Paul Yaffee with the pictures and do what cd says on the cc