1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Yoast power tube

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by ernietailgate, Feb 10, 2011.

1. ernietailgate

ernietailgate New Member

I have a 2005 flhtc.Kompressor heads,211 cams,flatop pistons,headers,true dual exhaust.etc.. My question pertains to the slide and weather not to drill the side hole to 1-8th size,i have the Yoast power tube Stage 1 kit.Some say yes and others say no. My carb has the stiffer return spring in the slide. I also have oredered a #48 slow jet, #195 jet, needle and V-ductor from CV Perforemance in hopes of regaining my mileage of which has suffered.Just need to know if im doing right with all the changes and to drill or keep the slide in stock form.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

drilling the slide is asking for trouble. i think the yost tube is part of your problem. put the stock spring back in, stock tube, loose the drill bit. get the stage one from cv preformance. it will have the correct needle and jets for your application. the v ductor is a good piece, but with the rest of the stuff in the carb. at present, wont help your problem. welcome to the forum, let us know how it goes!!!
  3. ernietailgate

ernietailgate New Member

thanx ill let you know how it goes.