1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Yost power tube & S&S carb performance inquiry

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by behind bars, Nov 21, 2012.

1. behind bars

behind bars New Member

I need to gather some hands on information regarding the Yost power tube in a S&S carb. The cost is around $50. or so, but does it accomplish any noticeable improvements in the performance of an EVO 80cid. I'd like to get some feedback from anyone who operated with one of these. It tells of misting the fuel, or breaking it down to a fine mist. Is something noticed other than a lack of $50. from your wallet. Please reply.
  2. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

I purchased a similar device. Didn't notice any improvement or detriment by seat of pants. It's now in my tool box
  3. prodrag1320

prodrag1320 Active Member

when they first came out,we messed with them a bit,no change seat of the pants or on our dyno.your alot better off going with a thunder jet & adjustable air bleed
  4. djl

djl Active Member

I run a Yost kit in my all bore 107" in a CV44 and I don't have dyno numbers but the bike starts easier and idles smoother than it ever did with the OEM internals. Seat of the pants tells me that it pulls a little harder but, like I said, no before and after dyno results to support that claim. Not sure if I am running the Yost "power" tube but the kit included a new emulsion tube, two needles, a ligher return spring and a handful of jets. Vacuum port in the slide was enlarged and ligher spring installed; she's a little snappier too. I like the results and would not go back to OEM internals but it is not an S&S carb, so apples and oranges. :wtf: Why did I even type this:roflmao: