1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

You've heard of the Dragon???

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by WVBiker, Aug 19, 2019.

1. WVBiker

WVBiker New Member

Tail of the Dragon, Claw of the Dragon, Back of the Dragon. All nice twisted roads, some flatlanders seem to have problems on those. I reside in West Virginia. Millions of sharp turns, eleven straight roads---till ya hit a turn. Rode the Back of the Dragon---someone told me I was crazy to do that after dark. My reply was, "You have lines painted on the roads, its like a super highway."
    Cfdalinch84 likes this.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I've ridden it at night, the best part is that you can't see how far down the mountain you'll end up if you screw up in a corner LOL

There are a lot of better roads in the area IMO, 28 out of Franklin south, (north makes the dragon look like a straight line), Cherohola Skyway, etc.
  3. WVBiker

WVBiker New Member

Only roads I know in or out of Franklin, WV are 33 and 220. What state are you referring to???
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Franklin Nawth Carolina, just east of the Dragon on 129,

Tail of the Dragon, is on 129 in Western Carolina, famous road..
    318 curves in 11 miles,

https://tailofthedragon.com/