1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Zipper By Thundermax

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by DKIN21, Aug 26, 2007.

1. sleepyjim

sleepyjim New Member

Id go to hdforums.com and send a msg to "shooter64", he got my complete set up for under 700.00, sensors and all.......................

sj
  2. manyanna51

manyanna51 New Member

I just fitted the Thundermax to my 07 Streetglide and was surprised how easy it was. I also fitted a D&D Fatcat (quiet baffle) and a Ness big sucker, what a difference. I no longer get my leg roasted, engine runs smoother, responds quicker and performs heaps better. It has improved the ridability of my machine and I'm as happy as a pig in s##t.
    The cost of these parts in Australia is $1350 T/max autotune, $1200 for the D&D and about $220 for the Ness sucker. I could have purchased the parts direct but there is no warrenty or help if I needed it. (quiet baffle normally $230 but I got mine for $150) Nearly 3 grand but what an improvement.
  3. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

AFNURSE, I AM ALSO RUNNING V&H TRUE DUALS (big shots) the 02 sensors that come with the zipper are longer than stock and will get into the top of tranny cover so u will have to do some kind of mod. pat at zipper told me that i would have to somehow bend the back pipe to make there sensors work with v&h duals. well i'm not paying out that much money for pipes then go beating on them, so the zipper thing is over, i removed the v&h fuel pak and installed a pciii, the bad thing about the pciii my fuel milage went from high 40's low 50's to mid to upper 30's and did NOT cool the engine down. the 07's run hotter than anything pre 07 and the 110 se runs hotter than the 96 ci, so guess wife will have to learn to live with it being hot on her leg, or stay at home and that ain't going to happen.

DKIN
    LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD
  4. beachspur

beachspur New Member

alot of good info here guys...thanks. I have a 2002 EFI with PCIII, 95" HC pistons, ported heads and SE203 cams. I thinks this will to be my next move. I live in Myrtle Beach , but I ride to the mountains of NC and TN alot and usually tune my map just a little when I go. This would eliminate having to do that......again thanks
  5. manyanna51

manyanna51 New Member

DKIN, couldnt you have the original hole on the back pipe modified, surely someone could cut the fitting out (maybe with a plasma cutter) and rewelded at a better angle, or maybe heat the fitting and tap it to change the angle. Any discolouration will be on the inside and shouldnt show. My 07 runs so much better with the Thundermax, I think it would be worth it. I dont feel the heat anymore, its no longer an issue.
  6. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

Manyanna51, Yep You Are Right, I Had Already Thought Of Doing That But I'm Gone During The Week (truck Driver) And The Shops That Do That Kind Of Work Are Closed On Week Ends Plus I Was Running Out Of Time, We Had Several Things Planned As A Group The Past Several Week Ends And We Are Leaving 10/02 For Myrtle Beach, S.c. For Fall Rally, So I Went With Pciii And Got Ride Of The V&h Fuel Pak, If The Pciii Does Not Do What I Want It To I Will Have The Zipper On By Next Spring.

Live Easy, Ride Hard

Dkin
  7. EZSTREETLV

EZSTREETLV New Member

hello all just trying to decide on what to od to my toy very help info
  8. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Had the TM on my 07 Wg with 103 Indy build, D&D Fat CAt pipes. Se high flow air kit. Was a great package. Never had a problem with the TM. It was truely a good tuner.
    Took the TM off and traded my 07 WG for a 08 FLHT. Was interested in puttin the TM on the new 08.
    Well its got Drive By Wire so they got to come out with a fix for that. HD changed the ECM plug so they got to have a fix for that. HD DRive by wire might not be popular right now. But its suppose to make it easier for you to upgrade to cruise control. Don't have to lubricate cables. We will see.
    Bet all the mfg. hold out on releasing their new products till after Feb when they have the Big show on what's new that all the dealers go to.
    Hate waiting that long. :fight:
  9. beachspur

beachspur New Member

07 Road King

I just changed cams and heads on a 07 RK for a friend. Also ported the TB. Added Thunder Max and it did great from the git-go. He had changed pipes and filter without any changes, this had the top end very lean and sputtering on low end. TM did made world of difference.
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I know a couple of people that have them and love them, If we could do it over a couple of the guys with SERTs and went in on splitting the cost of the Daytona Twin Tech would have bought the TMax

If you want one at a good price call Calif Phil at California Phils Concordia, KS (785) 243-9991, he's a smaller dealer in KS and a good guy on several boards, never pushes his parts but he will give you a deal, let him know I sent ya so he won't overcharge you :roflmao:

JMO the reason the powercommander isn't a closed loop system is it helps sell the dynos they need for tuning, maps are close but never perfect, the Tmax tunes the base map. In some cases you might need a dyno to fine tune a tmax but for 90% of bikes and riding, it will do it all.

If Hd ever goes full closed loop with wide band sensors all you'd need is the new ECM with autotune. Right now HD puts in narrow band sensors and calculates fuel needs for WOT and idle.
  11. terry

terry New Member

toys 4 the toy

Hello Ezstreetlv
    wouldnt buy a V&H fuelpak not tuneable with out info. ThunderMax seems like a good option from what i have read on this forum .Have a good new year .
    Terry