1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Zx6r 99 2 questions

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Gary.McC09, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Gary.McC09

Gary.McC09 Member

Hi everyone first post hope I'm asking in right place.

1) bike works 100% but when lights are on and I indicate several lights on the speedo pulse/blink. Is this a poor earth or common fault?

2) changing sproket and chain. Will I need a chain riveter to fit new chain or will it just snap together at jointing piece?
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I think you are saying that lights in your speedometer are flashing for no apparent reason, or, are they flashing when you indicate a turn in sync with the turn signal flash..

If they are flashing for no reason, then it's possible a short or ground

Start at the speedo and work the wires back with the ignition on but bike not running, wiggle test the wires to see if you can simulate the problem.
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member